Full time, permanent
1/9 Telford Road, Lenziemill, Cumbernauld, G67 2AX
Monday to Thursday, 08:00 – 17:00 (1 hour unpaid lunch) & Friday 07:30-17:00.
Competitive, dependent on experience.
Additional days for long service, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, health cash plan, HSF perkbox and on-site parking.
Established in Scotland in 1992, MSP are a supplier of specialist building façade materials. Following a recent acquisition, we became part of the Vivalda Group of Companies, and operate out of 12 facilities across the UK and Ireland.
The role of the Estimator is to assist in the growth of the branch by translating client enquiries into detailed quotations and then negotiating with the client to convert quotations to orders, securing new business for the company. This is a great opportunity to strengthen an already successful division.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to drive sales
- Produce accurate and competitive quotes for customers
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Understand and meet customer requirements
- Maintain excellent relationships with suppliers and customers
- Negotiate with clients to convert quotes to orders
- Project tracking using company software to generate enquires and orders
- Hand-over new orders to order processor/s providing clear and detailed instructions/ information
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management
Please note that this will change as the role and function to the business develops
- Minimum of 12 month’s experience of estimating
- High quality verbal and written communication skills
- Confident hand on and ‘can do’ approach
- The ability to provide a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A positive team player, with demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Confident with IT, particularly Microsoft Office including word/excel
- Understanding of and commitment to provide a highest standard of customer service
- Ability to work autonomously
- Flexibility in working hours
- Previous sales experience within the construction industry
- Nat 5’s (Scottish National 5 Certificate, awarded in grade A – C)
Please email applications including CV to firstname.lastname@example.org