Full time, permanent
1/9 Telford Road, Lenziemill, Cumbernauld, G67 2AX
Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30 (1 hour unpaid lunch)
Competitive, dependent on experience.
Additional days for long service, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, health cash plan, HSF perkbox and on-site parking.
Established in Scotland in 1992, MSP are a supplier of specialist building façade materials. Following a recent acquisition, we became part of the Vivalda Group of Companies, and operate out of 12 facilities across the UK and Ireland.
The role of the Estimator is to assist in the growth of the branch, running projects and managing cash and account sales that have been won. This is a great opportunity to strengthen an already successful division.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to drive sales
- Project manage orders communicating with suppliers and customers through to delivery to the customer
- Liaise with warehouse employees with regards to stock levels
- Monitor client accounts, ensuring goods are supplied in line with the agreed credit limits and payment terms.
- Source material or sub-contract rates for inclusion within tenders.
- Use customer information to create clear fabrication instructions for the workshop or drawing office by creating job packs using computerised spreadsheets
- Plan material requirements using either computerised optimisation software or manual calculations
- Liaise with factory regarding queries over production information
- Raising purchase orders
- Produce accurate and competitive quotes for customers
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Understand and meet customer requirements
- Maintain excellent relationships with suppliers and customers
- Negotiate with clients to convert quotes to orders
- Project tracking using company software to generate enquires and orders
- Hand-over new orders to order processor/s providing clear and detailed instructions/ information
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management
Please note that this will change as the role and function to the business develops
- Minimum of 12 month’s experience of estimating
- High quality verbal and written communication skills
- Confident hand on and ‘can do’ approach
- The ability to provide a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A positive team player, with demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Confident with IT, particularly Microsoft Office including word/excel
- Understanding of and commitment to provide a highest standard of customer service
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously meeting the required timescales
- Ability to work autonomously
- Flexibility in working hours
- Previous sales experience within the construction industry
- Nat 5’s (Scottish National 5 Certificate, awarded in grade A – C)
Please email applications including CV to email@example.com